- Patient Information
- Visiting Guidelines
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Your Safety
- When it's Time to Leave
- Medical Records Request
- Find A Physician
- Patient Relations
- Campus and Amenities
- Local Resources
Come Join Our Family
At Pacific Hospital of Long Beach, you're part of a team dedicated to life-long learning, quality patient-centered healthcare and research based clinical practice.
Our comprehensive healthcare services are designed to follow patients and their families over the course of their lifetime. We recognize the potential of dedicated and caring health care professionals like you.
Pacific Hospital of Long Beach offers its employees much more in addition to competitive salaries.
WHAT WE OFFER
- We encourage growth...whether you are a recent graduate or are looking to make a change in your career, PHLB offers you the opportunity to take advantage of career growth plans, through tuition assistance, student intern programs, and professional development tracks.
- We offer excellent benefits...including health and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, short-term disability, as well as vacation pay, sick pay, wellness bonus, and lucrative holiday and shift differential pay.
- We show appreciation...at PHLB, our employees are our biggest investment. Whether participating in your annual performance review, attending one of our award banquets, or receiving longevity recognition, you will always feel like a valued part of the team.
We have the opportunities you're looking for...You have the skills we need...Imagine what we can accomplish together!
HOW TO APPLY
** Please have all your documents ready prior to logging on to register. Registration and Application must be completed within 45 of initial log-on to transmit application. **
- Browse through the list of open positions and click the job you wish to apply for.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to “register”. Once you register, you will be able to save your profile, save your resume and apply for jobs.
- Enter your profile information.
- Please note your password must be at least 8 characters in length.
- Write down your username and password to be able to update your application in the future.
- Click the continue button.
- Upload or paste your resume.
- Begin completing the application. It is important to fill in all of the required fields and all of the application information. After completing each section click on “Submit”.
- After you have completed and submitted your application, you should receive an email confirming the receipt of your application. If you do not receive this email, the Human Resources department has not received your application.
Below is a list of the benefits currently available to our employees.
For more detailed information on a specific benefit, please click on the appropriate choice.
- Health and Welfare Benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Gym Memberships
- Employee Discounts
- Credit Unions
Because we are a 24/7 hospital, we have combined our holiday pay within our paid time off (PTO) benefits.
Employees who work on an observed holiday will be compensated at the rate of time and one-half.
If you are regularly scheduled to work an observed holiday, but have it off due to holiday department closure or holiday reduced scheduling, you will need to use your PTO in order to be paid for the holiday.
If you work on one of the holidays, you will be paid time and a half and will not need to use your PTO time.
|HOLIDAYS FOR 2012|
|Monday, 01/02/2012 - New Year's Day|
|Monday, 02/20/2012 - President's Day|
|Monday, 05/28/2012 - Memorial Day|
|Wednesday, 07/04/2012 - Independence Day|
|Monday, 09/03/2012 - Labor Day|
|Thursday, 11/22/2012 - Thanksgiving Day|
|Friday, 11/23/2012 - Day After Thanksgiving|
|Tuesday, 12/25/2012 - Christmas Day|
PAID TIME OFFHere at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach we lump together all of our paid time off (vacation, sick, personal time, and holidays) in to one big bucket called Paid Time Off or PTO.
We strongly believe that all employees should and need to take advantage of some time away from work, whether it be to take care of personal business or to relax and rejuvenate!
We have created a very generous accrual rate for our employees. Your PTO begins to accrue after just one month of employment at the following rate:
|YEARS OF EMPLOYMENT||ACCRUAL RATE||CAP|
|30 days – 4 years||.1025 per qualified hour worked||362.5 hours|
|4+ years – 9 years||.1217 per qualified hour worked||430.4 hours|
|9+ years and more||.1409 per qualified hour worked||498.3 hours|
At this rate of accrual a 40 hour per week full time employee would have accrued 213.2 hours or 26.65 eight hour days off in a year (at the .1025 accrual rate)!
That’s a lot of time off!
Call: (562) 426-2417
Human Resource Department
Pacific Hospital of Long Beach
2800 Pacific Ave. Suite A
Long Beach, CA 90806
Equal Opportunity Employer